September 10, 2012

Morocco: my essentials


Exactly 3 days from today I'll be heading to North Africa; destination: Morocco.
I would be lying if I said I really need this holiday as I've already had some vacation getaways this year so I was able to recharge my batteries, BUT I've been looking forward to this one from January, that freezing winter day that I booked this trip, 8 months later!
So this friday I'll start my trip through the sunny Kingdom of Morocco (darn, it sounds already soooo good) where I'll be staying for 14 days, 10 of them travelling around the country and the last 4 days just relaxing by the pool or at the beach in Agadir.




So this is my itinerary for the trip. I'll be starting in Marrakech, where I'm really hoping to see some snake charmers doing what they do best, as long as the snakes keep enough distance from my mom who has the biggest snake phobia and for whom seeing this would be like practicing the most extreme sport in the world.
The final destination (hopefully just the opposite of the movie plot) will be Agadir, where I'll definitely enjoy the hot weather and working at my tan and go for a splash in the Atlantic Ocean probably every 5 minutes.

Leaving for 2 weeks sure gives me a bit of  a stressy feeling, especially when I think about packing. Now,  I really love packing for holidays (especially if it's  for a sunny destination) but this time I have to take so many things in consideration, that it is driving me a bit crazy. After already visiting another Arab country (Cairo trip back in 2010)  you should think I'd know what to expect from this journey as well and still, I have my worries.
So this is my kind of survival kit (read the necessary outfit garment and beauty essentials) I'm planning to take on my trip, hopefully not forgetting anything. If you can think of something else, please let me know!




Already thinking about chilling by the pool or at the see side, these are my beach essentials: different bikinis, summery fedora's, a good book to read and some chill music in my mp3, sun wear (if you're this pale as I am, you need it, trust me!), my phone and my water goggles. I forgot to chose my sunnies, but I'll try not to when the actual packing will take place.




I you go to the beach, you'll need 'appropriate'  extra beach wear to get there (especially  when you won't be able to walk around in your half-naked in Morocco). So TA-DA!




Up next: I'll have cover up my legs while wandering through the cities and visiting places ( a bit old fashion, but what u gonna do?) so my solution: breezy summer pants.




When you get sick of your pants, you can always try maxi dresses. Even though I'm pretty 'petite' myself, I have to say, they DON'T make you look smaller, so why not?




How can you beat the hot weather while still wearing (mid)long sleeves? Well: tunics to your rescue! I would not be able to get a tan wearing this, but yeah...c'est la vie! And I must say, I really love styling tunics into nice outfits, so this should work, right?




Keep hydrated is the message if you're heading to a hot destination like Morocco, so: lips, face, body, you have to think of it all. Don't forget your fragrance (lightly sweet and fresh for me please: Escada Island Kiss) and some good deo to beat the heat.




Last but not least, I'll be needing a bag, not too small, not too big but good enough to fit all I'll need to carry with me every day while cruising through Morocco:  the essential bottle of H2O, my camera, sunscreen, money, sunnies and all other girly stuff. I chose this Parfois bag I got from my journey in Lisbon earlier this summer, big enough and just perfect for Morocco!

What are YOUR holiday essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment