November 20, 2012

TO DO: The Bucket List

One month and 4 days away and Santa will (hopefully) come knocking on our doors again. I don't know about you guys, but I am already craving some Xmas cheer, food, decorations and now that I'm in the holiday mood, some presents as well!
Lately I find more pleasure in searching the right gift and offering it to people I care about than getting something for myself or receiving stuff from others.
 But my egoistic self (yes, it exists!)  is lurking just around the corner of my (oh SO) generous side and so when it comes to daydreaming of things I would like to own or do, I do it like no other! I'm a real BIG DREAMER and I like to DREAM BIG! Can I stress this enough? 
I suppose this doesn't make me more different than any other human being as DREAMING is 'THE THING'   keeping us alive (except for food, water, heat and stuff, all small details) in this very harsh and sometimes cruel world. 
 If you're wondering what this is, you'll soon find out that not even you already know the meaning of this word, but most importantly, you already have one yourself! I guess the bucket list trend started back in 2007 (or just became pretty popular) when a movie with the same title was released starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. Even more, since all kind of natural disasters were taking place all around the world and  ancient populations were forecasting our 'not so bright looking' future aka the end of the world (thank you so much Maya's!) this phenomenon is increasing.
Cutting to the chase, a bucket list is a list of things you wish to do, accomplish, experience before you die, dreams you haven't fulfilled yet, plans that still need to become reality and all the highlights that design your entire life, in ADVANCE! 
Without this, our life would be just simple blur, with no heading to or going to, but just day-by-day time killing. 
So THINK BIG, whether it's about your career, health, social life, creativeness...it is YOUR HAPPINESS after all!
 So let me introduce you to my BUCKET LIST! 
  • learn to speak a foreign language fluently --> Dutch
  • visit all European capitals--> still 38 to go 
  • adopt an Asian child, a Japanese if possible
  • learn how to park a car
  • learn to cook Asian food, except for soup, that I already know 
  • wander through Australia for one year 
  • finish college 
  • learn to play the guitar and have a band of my own 
  • do some volunteer work abroad 
  • improve my Spanish and learn Japanese 
  • move to another country than my home country 
  • grow 5 cm (not gonna happen,but still hoping:D )
  • take a trip on my own to a foreign country--> think Eat, Pray, Love -kinda experience 
  • have a successful blog
  • lose 4 kg's 
  • fly a plane
  • swim with dolphins 
  • visit all Hard Rock Cafes + Hotels  in the world --> already seen 13 
  • read the 100 best novels ever written
  • learn to dive and actually go diving on a tropic location
  • run a marathon and for this this maybe first, learn to run 
  • dance during the Brazilian Carnival 
  • attend Coachella festival one summer 
  • have a ride on an elephant through the jungle 
  • get to see at least 5 countries in Asia and 5 in Latin America
  • get on stage with one of my favorite music groups during their concert and scream my lungs out 
  • write a book 
  • produce a movie 
  • plant a tree 
  • have at least 2 kids 
  • make someone truly happy
  • laugh each day
I still have a lot to accomplish and my list is getting bigger as we speak. 
So what about yours? Feel free to post it and let me know what you dream of!

Have a great week folks! 
L. 

No comments:

Post a Comment